Monday, May 4, 2009

Dia Tres

So the zip like was incredible. There was one exactly 1 km long. Honestly if any of you come to Costra Rica you have to do the zipline. I have never seen such a beautiful few of things. At one point we were ziplining through the clouds and all you saw was white passing your face at high speeds. And if you looked down you´d see the trees, the valley below....it was breath taking. Unfortanetly little ol Lisa doesnt weigh too much and on a really cloudy one I got stuck so they had to come out and get me. Well...one of the guides who was still on the platform I had just taken off on didn´t know I had stopped midway. He figured I had finished. So out of the clouds comes a guy flying at 80 mph and has maybe 5 seconds to hit his break to avoid a collison. Of course he nailed me head on! Luckily it didn´t hurt too bad but we both were screaming. It was quite a rush. He was scared of me the rest of the zipline tour. Anyways they give you the option to hang upside down if you want. So i waited until the last one. AKA the 1 km. The guide goes with you so you don´t have to worry about breaking and you just hang upside down and don´t have to worry about anything, but the view. I didn´t realize it but he filmed it with Gabrienes camera so once I get back to the states I will post it. It was incredible!!!

Last night we went out to Tres Amigos and got some beers with some locals we met and it was a blast! Got to practice my spanish. It´s crazy because everyone has facebook so it´s pretty easy to keep in touch with everyone.

So today we are going to go for a hike. Up to a waterfall and then to the highest point in Monteverde. Tommorow morning we leave for La Fortuna to visit Volcan Arenal. All the books make it sound like it´s super expensive, have to have a tour guy, and pay $$$ for hot springs...we almost decided not to go, but after not being able to believe the Ticos don`t have a backpackers version.....I did researching online I discovered there´s a ranger station where you can pay 6 bucks and hike a good bit of the volcano area. There´s a bridge at night where you can see it as it´s active and there´s hotel that closed down that had natural river hot springs that is not owned so anyone can go to it. So tommorow we are off to the volcano!

Once again I love you all and I am having a blast!!

No comments: