Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day 9!

Today we arrived in Santa Teresa....slight change of plans I know! But it is literally the same place as Mal Pais, just a few more blocks down. Hostels are cheaper over here and money is running low! Also in Mal Pais the only path to the beach is the same one I was attacked on 4 years ago so I figured if we stay in Santa Teresa I could just go over to Mal Pais and the the spot it happened. Spend my time rewalking those steps again and then after I was done, head back to Santa Teresa and not have to worry about walking up and down that path afterwards. I will be doing that tommorow!

We are staying at a hostel called Tranquila backpackers. It is 2 stories with dorms on each level...mixed gender. This will be my first time having a dude in a hostel, but I can't complain because the showers are sweeet! The last place we stayed (god bless it) had an amazing view. But the shower was quite possibly the most disgusting thing I have ever stepped foot in. Super dirty,rarely worked, and there were plenty of places for little critters to crawl up it and peep holes for Ticos to sneak a peak! So I am super happy to have these new kick ass showers. By the way have a talked enough about the showers? Shower shower shower shower shower....SHOWER. There I'm good!

So about my snorkeling trip yesterday....It was awesome!!!! Isle de Tortuga was kick ass and a ton of fun! And snorkeling was awesome by the way!!! Not something I will ever do a lot of. Kind of made me sick with all the salt water in my throat, but it was cool to see the ocean that way. I've never done something like that before! We spent 1 hour snorkeling..saw tons of fish. Then we went to the island for lunch and beach time. Got some cool coral pieces to take back home. Then we went out for another hour of snorkeling and Igot to hold a yellow blowfish!! I can't wait for that picture!

Today we took a bus to Santa Teresa and just spent the day collecting seashells, watching surfers,etc... We ran into a friend Kristen from La Fortuna and hung with her on the beach. We passed a sign that said surf rentals $5 all day. I think we're gonna rent two tommorow and just have at it. We figured this whole town is a surf town and we'll probably meet some dudes to teach us to surf or at least we can have fun at it on our own.

Thats it for now. Only 2 more days left people! Then it's back to good ol Gerogia...... But I have some big news for my future plans when I get home. I'll save the big news for when I get back though. We all need surprises in our life eh?

1 comment:

Hillary Hull said...

Hey Lisa! I love you so much and have loved reading your blog! So happy you are writing about your travels! Can't wait to see you when you get back - and for you to see Parker! XoXoXo-Hillary