Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 6

Way to much to say! I wanted to keep this thing updated but the more I travel the more I do and it's hard to keep up with this. I'll just say yesterday in La Fortuna we did a hike up to a dormaint volcano with a view of Volcan Arenal that we were told would be 1 1/2 hours including the walk to it and hike up it.....well it was an 1 hr walk to the base and 2 hours to the top and back of the most strenous hike I have ever done! I've done some pretty narly hikes...but this one took the cake for sure!! Some parts were even 3--4 feet distance from one step the the next and required pullng your self up by a root. Needless to say we were under prepared and didn't have enough water or the right shoes! But honestly I couldn't have asked for a more amazing day! The hike hurt but was a great excercise for the mind and body. And the view of Volcan Arenal was out of this world. And the dormaint volcano,San Chato was filled with a green...I mean almost tenniscourt green water....it was amazing.... Only one other couple was there and it really felt like everything I could have ever asked for after 2 hours of hellacious hiking was given..... There were these little fish in the water too that sucked on your toes and 30 would go for it at a time it was so funny!! I was cracking up and I'm sure I looked like a lunatic but it tickled!!!

After that we spent the day at Gringo Petes hostel and went to bed pretty early to wake up for our 5:30 bus. We took a bus from La Fortuna to San Ramon. Another bus to Punterenas. Then the ferry to Panquea. And met some cool surfers heading to Mal Pais that let us ride to Cabano. (Which took an 1 hour out of what would have been a 1 1/2hr bus ride! And then a taxi to Montezuma....All those places should have taken til late tonight we got here at 4! Only an 11 hour day not bad!!!
We are staying at hotel Lyl, a cute funky artsy place right on the beach for $10 a night. With hammocks all over the place...people I am in paradise! Tommorow we head for a massive watrfall hike where 3 waterfalls stack on top of eachother. I went last time and it was amazing! Can't wait to do it again....

Well peeps I gotta go that beautiful ocean and hammock are calling my name right now....

Love you all!!
-Lisa

1 comment:

Sera said...

heyyy!!! sounds like your having a blast!!! just thought i let you know i was thinking about you!!! and hope you guys are having fun!! and be safe!!!
-Sera